A collection of links that may or may not be useful and/or interesting. Linked pages may or may not be in English, and/or in any sort of logical order or context. Links are added at the site author’s whim and wishes, and subject to change or removal without notice.
- Værradar – Weather radar for Norway (yr.no)
- Blitzortung – Lightning map, shows lightning strikes between air and ground.
- Enter an Archive of 6,000 Historical Children’s Books, All Digitized and Free to Read Online
- Project Gutenberg – Free ebooks
- edX: Super Earths and Life – A free, online science course concerning finding exoplanets suitable for life. Likely to be interesting whether or not you’re an actual scientist. Requires a moderate knowledge of school science.
- Blue Marble – Image of the Earth from Apollo 17. (nasa.gov)
- Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey – An educational and inspirational science show hosted by astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, 13 episodes of about one hour each. Requires Netflix account. (netflix.com)
- Photoshop Tutorial: Remove Halos in HDR Photographs
- Godchecker: Your guide to the gods – Discover almost 4,000 gods, goddesses and spirits from around the world.
- How far into space do our TV signals go?
Various tools and utilities
- PGP Key Generator – Generates PGP keys in your web browser.
- Nuke Map – Lets you check how out of luck you’d be if a nuclear weapon of any given magnitude should have the audacity to go off near you.
- Convert Case – Lets you swiftly, and with style, convert the upper- and lowercase characteristics of text to suit your heart’s desire.